- On any given week, more than 500,000 Canadians will not go to work because of mental illness
- More than 30% of disability claims and 70% of disability costs are attributed to mental illness.
- Approximately $51 billion each year are lost to the Canadian economy because of mental illness.
- In 2009, 28,709 young workers filed injury claims with the WSIB. Of those, 7,527 were lost time injuries, meaning the injury was severe enough to require the worker to lose at least one day of work. Source: Young Worker Statistics, WSIB
- From January 1st, 2006 to December 31st, 2010, 34 Ontario workers under the age of 25 lost their lives on the job. Source: Workplace Safety and Insurance Board, WSIB